Seamstress of Last Month: Atek Lilly
Mend is a social enterprise geared toward facilitating financial independence and development for women in Gulu, Uganda directly affected by the LRA conflict.
Lilly joined the Mend family in February, and only 3 months later she has earned the title of Seamstress of the Month. She may be new, but Lilly has integrated seamlessly into the Mend program, even counseling and advising the other new seamstresses along the way.
Lilly likes the structure of her workday at Mend which keeps her busy and learning new skills. In her previous work, she used a foot-operated sewing machine, so she was most excited to learn how to operate an electric machine.
“She is positive, eager to learn new things, and very focused on her work,” said Richard, the Tailoring Supervisor at Mend.
Lilly is a single mother raising four boys, so she uses her income from Mend to pay school fees and buy food. She is also saving any extra money she earns so that one day she can build a house for all of them to live in. Well done, Lilly!
Learn more at www.mend.com
- silentstems reblogged this from invisible
- atxstreetteam reblogged this from tryingtobehumblr
- smartyartyduck likes this
- jareddwhite likes this
- kuronotorininja likes this
- samelissam likes this
- you-are-you23 reblogged this from invisible
- arebel-withoutaclue likes this
- cornfiguration likes this
- stephdigs likes this
- courtneyheald likes this
- livefourmore likes this
- perfurl likes this
- the-tragically-lost reblogged this from invisible
- ifitmakesyoulesssad reblogged this from invisible
- projectpeace reblogged this from invisible
- jmchung likes this
- foxtrott reblogged this from invisible
- theoutpouring likes this
- newdaynamaste likes this
- ihavenothingbutyou likes this
- middleofamerica likes this
- allthingsoldandtragic likes this
- totallyrandomm reblogged this from invisible
- totallyrandomm likes this
- lattesandphotography likes this
- ireutheday likes this
- cli-o likes this
- invisible posted this